Our Core Principles, Covenant and Goal
We have Core principles that are non negotiables.
- We will live by the Grace Covenant in every area of life and help keep others accountable.
- We will be innovative and culturally relevant.
- The Bible is our ultimate authority in everything we do.
- We are committed to know God and make Him known by reaching the lost and making disciples.
- We will effectively communicate everything within our walls then beyond to the community.
- We will place high value on our time, talent and resources.
- We will plan and be strategic in everything we do to produce excellence, to glorify God and to further His Kingdom.
** Please note as far as value goes, these principles are horizontal, not vertical. We consider all of these to be of the same importance and don’t value one over the others.
We agree to be team oriented by honoring one another through the following:
- Clear, honest communication
- Active listening
- Trusting one another
- No gossip
- Support One Another (come along side to help)
We are committed to each other in the following areas:
- Open Communication
In the event of a conflict, we agree to keep an attitude of forgiveness and respect and out of a desire for reconciliation agree to take the following steps to resolve conflict:
- Go to that person first; one-on-one
- Go with an open heart and seeking to understand, not simply be understood… willing to change
- If necessary, seek out a mutually agreed upon mediator.
- Keeping with a spirit of Unity and Peace
Our 15 year Goal and Vision:
Our vision is to be the largest influence for the Kingdom of God on the east side of Houston.
This is how we will know we have reached our goal:
- We will be multicultural in worship, staff and congregation.
- We will be relevant and dynamic in our presentation of ministry.
- Community entities will begin to approach us for counsel.
- We will have a strong media presence.
- We will have a Fusion (or small) Group within 10 miles of anyone on the East Side of Houston.
We Are MercyGate Church